Saturday, October 4, 2008

And Now A Word About The Hubby


My husband today asked if he was mentioned in this blog. When I looked, I realized that I really didn't talk about him and I probably should.

My husband is handsome, kind, well-spoken, funny, great with the kids, is highly intelligent and respected in his field. He single-handedly went to China to bring Child #2 back, enduring a very cranky baby who was probably in shock from being handed over to a stranger and brought to an alien country. DH is also expects as much from others as he does from himself (which is quite a bit). This makes him, in my eyes, super critical. For the last 16 years I've had a problem with that.

When he decided that I didn't clean the house up to his standards, he inherited much of the cleaning responsibility. When he "fired" me from doing his laundry, he took it upon himself. Often I feel he resents me for not doing things right in the first place, but my attitude is: Life is too short to worry about the small stuff (cleaning, laundry). I'd rather focus on enjoying my children while they're little. There will be time to be clean later.







No comments: