Friday, August 29, 2014

Copper Fit Knee Sleeve – Does The Copper Really Make A Difference?



Please note: Although I was given a sample of this product for reviewing purposes, all opinions are my own.

~~

Copper Fit is allegedly perfect for all kinds of people: performance athletes, physical workers, or older individuals looking for easier movement and pain relief. But the truth is, I know plenty of people who don't fit that any of those profiles yet still have pain and restricted movement. In fact, if you're as overweight as some of my relatives are, those two symptoms are a result of too much poundage and not enough exercise. In any case, Copper Fit's goal is to provide relief. It is “designed to help stabilize and support muscles, provide support for pain, stiffness, and soreness, as well as aid in recovery and performance by supporting improved circulation and oxygenation.” The miracle aspect of the product is the fact that the fabric is copper-infused. Copper “possess antimicrobial properties and enhancement benefits” and was used by the Ancient Egyptians, Romans and Aztecs.

But does it work?


Well, yes and no. I am no athlete, but I did wear the sleeve around one knee (for some reason you only get ONE knee sleeve in the box), during the day, for about a week. I do not have a bum knee per se, but since I just started an exercise program, my knees have been feeling sore and tired. Did I notice a difference? If I did, I think it was more because of the compression that was happening to my knee, rather than any copper-induced miracle. In fact, the knee felt the same as it had when I was wearing a generic knee sleeve that I'd bought at CVS.

So if the compression is the aspect that makes you feel better, is Copper Fit (which is priced on Amazon at $16.33 today, $19.99 plus $7.99 shipping and handling on the www.GetCopperFit.com website) worth paying more for when the CVS model was only $10.99? Again, yes and no. Logic says that if you’re really in a lot of pain and the cheaper unit doesn't work, it may behoove you to try the more expensive one. For me, however, the deciding factor is the return policy. While Amazon and CVS provide full refunds, ordering the unit via the Copper Fit company's website will only get you refunded the purchase price, not the $7.99 shipping and handling.

Pain relief is individual and important to one's quality of life. The question of whether or not to buy this product comes down to how much relief is worth to you.  Obviously, that's something only you can decide. Try Copper Fit. Physically, it can help. The only thing that it may hurt will be your wallet.

~~

Thanks for reading!










No comments: