Monday, January 12, 2009

Give Me The Script




I wish that people came with an external script so that you'd know what to say when you're speaking with them. For example, hubby comes home with news that he may be getting a promotion which would take effect late this year, would entail more work, and possibly, maybe more money. The company could possibly bring in someone else to take the position, but who knows. So I say, "Essentially, you've told me nothing." Apparently, it was the wrong thing to say. But really, he hasn't told me anything concrete. A script would have come in handy. - Or today, when the 3-year old wouldn't put on her shoes & socks...for 55 minutes. A script on what to say to make her do it would have been nice.




Similarly, there are those times when I've lost an inch or two & I want praise...which I don't get. See my point. Scripts would be useful.




No comments: