Sunday, December 7, 2008

Aging Seems To Bring More Worries




So Child #1 seems to be a soccer net full of worries lately. I think it's because at 8, he realizes how much there is to worry about. What he doesn't see is that he has two loving parents to deal with those worries.

As my husband ages, he seems to have few worries. He says he has more confidence in his ability to deal with things. That shows maturity.


I, on the other hand, seem to worry more. Ever since I've become a mom, my mortality is an issue I deal with a lot. When I was younger, I did stupid things because I didn't care how long I lived. Now I want, more than anything, to live long enough to see my kids grow up & to be there for them.

In this economy, I also worry about money & having enough of it. Puts a damper on Retail Therapy. I worry about health issues, global warming, my beloved elderly aunt, crime.....

I know worry is a useless, life-sucking emotion. But as I get older...there it is.




No comments: